Arranging CounsellingI currently practise as a private counsellor in Bristol BS15, area.
I work both short and longer term and have experience of working with a wide range of challenging life circumstances.
Whilst the list below is not exhaustive, I hope it gives you an indication of some of the concerns people bring, and the type of areas I work.
- Bereavement complicated bereavement: suicide, murder, multiple losses, loss of a child, anticipatory grief (people facing life threatening illnesses) and effects on family members. Other losses
- Physical or emotional abuse
- Negative coping
- Low self-esteem, identity, confidence
- Stress, anxiety
- Depression, low mood
- Life transitions
- Relationship issues
- Facing difficult decisions about the future and the day to day challenges facing families and individuals
- Facing redundancy or retirement
- Freedom, choice and responsibility.
- Inner conflict and the desire to live more authentically
If you feel your present circumstances or difficulties might benefit from counselling, please contact me.
Other counselling services I am able to provide include, telephone or email support for existing clients who on occasions may need additional help.
Sessions are held weekly and last for 50 minutes in any hour and are strictly confidential. Appointments are available for both daytime and evenings. Please telephone or email to check current availability.
Locations within BristolI currently offer sessions at the following locations
BS15 Kingswood Bristol. Day and evening appointments available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday and Friday from 9:00am -6:00pm
- Counselling sessions will need to booked in advance, it is not possible to see you without a prior appointment being made.
- I offer home visits within a five-mile radius of BSI5 (Bristol and South Gloucestershire) for people who for various reasons are not able to travel. Home visits are only provided to people suffering from a recent of past bereavement and take place between 9:30am to 4:00pm please contact me for available days. Some of the areas covered within a 5 mile radius of BS15 include Keynsham, Bitton, Willsbridge, Brislington, Emmersons Green, Warmley, Wick, Frampton Cotterall and St George.
FeesMy current fees are as follows:-
ONE TO ONE
Initial consultation - £25 for 50 minutes
The first session is an opportunity for us to meet and to find out whether we feel that we can work together. We will talk about your situation and what might be helpful for you in terms of a plan for further counselling. I will advise you on whether I feel I can offer you what you need. Should I feel that I am not able to do this, I will suggest other agencies that might be able to help you. This might involve suggesting that you speak to your GP or another specialist if this feels appropriate. If you decide that you would like to continue working with me, we will agree an initial number of sessions – I usually suggest 6 to begin with, which we would then review and extend as you wish.
£40.00 per 50 minutes BS15
Block sessions x 6 £220.00
£45.00 per 50 minutes within 5 miles of BS15
I also offer some concessionary rates, students and people on low income. Please enquire.
You may pay for your counselling at the beginning, end, or in advance of each session, either by cash, cheque or by Pay Pal which can be found on the payments page of this web site.
You can find my telephone number and email address on the Contact me page.
If you need to cancel a session, please may I ask that you provide me with 48 hours notice, so as your appointment may be offered to others in need of support.